Product Manager, CMS Automation
SportsLine is the premier picks and projections site, covering NFL, college football, NBA, NHL, golf, college basketball, and more! SportsLine works in conjunction with other ViacomCBS Sports Digital brands to provide quality sports picks, computer simulations, and unique content to subscribers.
We are looking for a high energy, creative-thinker to assist in the marketing, social media, subscriber acquisition, subscriber retention, and media relations efforts at CBSSports.com and SportsLine.com! The Sr. Marketing Editor, will work alongside the staff of SportsLine and ViacomCBS Sports Digital. This role will help business units with building SportsLine's subscriber base, CBS Sports Online William Hill FTD base, and overall traffic.
• Grow SportsLine's subscriber base and CBSSports.com's William Hill FTD base by helping coordinate and oversee content production, editing, writing, and updating.
• Monitor content performance in metrics including search engine performance, subscription sales, first-time depositors, visits, page views, and conversions. Construct and distribute regular reporting on content performance and recommend strategies for improvement.
• Help improve performance related to first-time depositors and sports gambling partnerships.
• Research and analyze sports content trends and build, oversee, and manage tangible recommendations for additional content to drive subscribers and first-time depositors.
• Work in tandem with a content development team and provide extensive feedback in order to further SportsLine's subscription growth and CBSSports' William Hill partnership growth.
• Help manage the writing, editing, publishing, and updating of content surrounding sports picks, daily fantasy, and season-long fantasy across a variety of sports, including, football, basketball, baseball, MMA, soccer, hockey, golf, and horse racing.
• Be available for ''sports editor hours,'' which include, but are not limited to, days, nights, and weekends.
• Optimize growth of first-time depositors through SEO, content creation, and sales funnel improvements
• Help develop new features on SportsLine and CBSSports.com and assist with design, quality testing, and development as the need arises
• Understand what events, sports, and keywords drive traffic to SportsLine, CBS Sports, 247Sports, and other business units and build marketing plans accordingly. Drive subscriptions and first-time depositors from these efforts
• Develop strategies for marketing, promotion, and editorial planning for new sports
• Analyze industry trends, best practices, business standards, and future growth opportunities
What you bring to the team:
• A passion and understanding for sports, daily fantasy, sports betting, and season-long fantasy, along with the appropriate terminology
• Exceptional editorial and writing skills, ability to produce content with no grammatical or factual errors
• A marketing-minded focus and ability to improve the entire sales funnel
• 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4 years of experience in content marketing, SEO (search engine marketing), and/or editing in a sports-related field
• Strong attention to detail, well organized and quality conscious, with the ability to find errors and provide feedback
• Proven ability to discern search and industry trends
You might also have--
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience working in the gaming and betting field
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.