Senior Software Engineer
The Applied Machine Learning Group at CBS Interactive is seeking a Full-stack Web Engineer to join our distributed team. As a member of our team, you will develop products with an eye toward code extensibility and UI best practices for design and maintainability, leveraging open source libraries and frameworks as appropriate, and providing documentation and test automation as needed. You will be instrumental in the on-going development of our web application and tools that allow customers to interact with our services including data analysis, content search, recommendations and more.
As a Full-stack Web Engineer on the Applied Machine Learning Group, you'll play a key role in the design and development of web applications, tools, and APIs for AI/ML products that support brands across CBS Interactive and ViacomCBS. Location is open for remote work.
• Work with the product manager and lead engineers to design and develop a variety of features, reusable components and products that provide a window into the services we support, such as recommendations, search, and video services.
• Demo new features to the team and to clients.
• Take initiative in the architectural design, implementation, and delivery of product features
• Write code that is optimized for performance and maintainability. Pursue simplicity, efficiency, and reliability.
• Use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function and change/enhance as needed
• Triage and fix reported bugs
• Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
• Bring new ideas about technology to engineering team and product manager
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Solid foundation and programming experience in Python, Django, and SQL
• A passion for creating UI layouts and workflows that are intuitive and highly performant
• Knowledge of database schema design best practices and ORM experience
• Working knowledge of developing and interfacing with thoughtfully-designed HTTP APIs (REST or gRPC)
• Experience in creating data pipelines, often comprised of various sources, for use by the front end application
• Development experience in one of the major Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
• Solid knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores in Google Cloud Platform like CloudSQL and BigQuery
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on a task, collaborating with other engineers to design and implement features
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant development experience
You might also have -
• Strong understanding of technologies in Google Cloud Platform (GCP certification)
• Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud deployments
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis
• Experience developing solutions within container orchestration systems
• Desire to contribute to the open-source community (i.e., blogs, source code, etc)
• Strong interest in data applications and the ML/AI space
What we offer you -
• A culture of learning - we're always looking for ways to improve our development and management of our models that power our AI products. You will always be encouraged to learn outside of your focus.
• A group of talented and friendly peers. We're a small team so you can have a big impact.
• A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment tuned to working with team members remote from your location.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.