Machine Learning Engineer
ComicBook.com and PopCulture.com, are entertainment media websites for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. Combined each brand reaches more than 28 million monthly unique visitors. It's the nation's go-to source for all things pop culture. From celebrity and trending news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com and PopCulture.com speak to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today's pop culture.
• Collaborate with team mates to build pixel perfect interactive features
• Integrate with backend developers to build new features
• Lead and mentor junior developers
• Make new technology recommendations based on research and knowledge
• Design front-end architecture and processes
• Work in a fast paced AGILE environment using Kanban
• Improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of the frontend.
• Implement new database pages to showcase movies, characters, actors and TV shows
• Rewrite existing features such as content, upcoming episodes/movies to have modern designs
• Craft a brand new comic book database product
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in web application development
• Know the latest HTML and CSS standards inside and out.
• You have experience with source control using Git/GitHub
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-focused environment
• You've built something cool using any reactive frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, BackboneJS, etc
You might also have -
• Familiar with Node.JS and Express
• Experience working on high traffic web applications and are familiar with page speed, ads, PWAs, and analytics
• You know CSS preprocessors or frameworks (SASS, Bootstrap, etc). Maybe you've even built your own toolkit that sits on top of your preprocessor of choice.
• You've worked with at least one high-level server-side language.
• Experience integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
• You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
• Experience with SEO and front end performance
• You've worked on a high traffic website before
• You love comic books, movies, television or other pop-culture media
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.