Analytics Implementation Engineer
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
As the Sr. Director of Software Engineering, leading a growing and nimble development team, you employ your deep coding and technical leadership skills in this pivotal role, providing architectural direction building a variety of free, ad supported content products for entertainment fans. This is a hands-on leadership role
Perform other duties as assigned
• Present designs and plans to executive management.
• Collaborate with technical and business resources, gathering and documenting requirements and formulating action plans.
• Review the developers' code, provide feedback and develop team knowledge.
• Perform hands-on participation in team coding, developing interfaces for web applications, services, and future technology.
• Work in a fast-paced AGILE environment. This should be second nature (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) with evolutionary architecture and prototyping, experience with various databases and configuration/deployment/testing solutions.
• Rebuild existing integrated systems with distributed micro-service systems
• Provide technical/software development leadership and architectural guidance
• Groom career paths for existing employees
• Run the platform development to deliver new functionalities according to the underlying business objectives
• Lead product management and the engineering team to understand the needs of the business and deliver elite products to a passionate user base.
• Attract and retain top engineering talent as you build out a premier development team and product development subject area
Lead internal development resources and third-party vendors through the product lifecycle from design to development, testing, release, and support
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Excellence in problem-solving, contemplative thinking, and working in collaborative environment
• 5+ years as a hands-on engineer solving hard scaling problems horizontally
• 7+ years leading and building a team of engineers
• 2+ years of product management experience with a user facing website or app
• Experience building high traffic consumer facing site or app using both client and server side frameworks like PHP, React or similar MVC frameworks
• Good understanding of data caching strategies and working knowledge of CDNs (Akamai, CloudFront, Fastly)
• Experience mentoring developers
• Experience developing and using web-based APIs
• Experience with open source solutions, using and deploying on cloud-based platforms
• Deep understanding of current web technologies and trends, including Linux, RESTful APIs, Relational & NoSQL Datastores(MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB), among others.
• Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
• Ability to work in a multi-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
You might also have -
• Experience with SEO and front end performance
• You love comic books, movies, television or other pop-culture media
• Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
• Experience with Git/GitHub, BitBucket or similar version control systems
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkk7k-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.