ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
ViacomCBS Streaming is the home to some of the world's preeminent innovative streaming services and digital video products, including Paramount+, Pluto TV, CBSN and other premier online content networks for information and entertainment. It is a division of ViacomCBS, a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide.
We are seeking a Counsel ideally in either Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York City.The position will support a wide variety of legal functions for ViacomCBS Streaming services, particularly Paramount+, cbs.com, and the CBS App, such as:
• content rights analysis and counsel,
• negotiating, drafting and analyzing content licenses and other commercial agreements,
• marketing review and counsel,
• entertainment production support, and
• product development, review and counsel.
The position requires an attorney with 4-6 years of relevant experience, which could include transactional experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, product counsel experience, and/or entertainment marketing or production experience. The successful candidate will be a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, and with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
Key roles of the position will include:
• Review, draft, negotiate and analyze a wide variety of content licensing, partnership, marketing, professional services and vendor agreements.
• Review product changes and advise on legal risks and potential issues.
• Review marketing and advise on legal risks and potential issues.
• Negotiate agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
• Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, online privacy, and negotiation strategy.
• Assist with the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and its processes.
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials and global law firm experience in corporate law or commercial transactions; online media experience preferred; certified by the New York or California Bar
• In-depth experience in contract drafting and analysis, with broad transactional background in areas such as media transactions, digital distribution, technology and content licensing, or entertainment production agreements
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Must successfully pass a background check
• In additional, ViacomCBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories