Director, Business Development
Our Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with global content operations, content distribution and monetization of premium ViacomCBS content across our direct-to-consumer subscription, CBS All Access (soon to be Paramount+), and across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models we manage worldwide. We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced digital environment, working cross-functionally and globally with the goal of continuing to launch/deliver premium entertainment across the ViacomCBS content portfolio to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Content Operations Project Manager who will manage key content launch project deliverables against a dynamic and growing content pipeline for our direct-to-consumer subscription service, CBS All Access (soon to be Paramount+). Managing content launches against tight and dynamic deadlines, the Sr. Content Operations Project Manager will partner with diverse content operations stakeholders to ensure all launches are on time and on budget. You will also be responsible for modifying and building out new processes to increase our efficiency, effectiveness and scalability as we continue to expand our workflows domestically and internationally. The project manager will have to break down complex problems, build solutions, and deliver actionable insights while working in a dynamic environment. This role will work cross-functionally with Global Content Operations, Content Strategy, Product, Video Operation, Legal, Program Management, Partnerships and more. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented go-getter who leans into constantly changing challenges, collaborates with internal teams to develop, track, and implement multi-faceted launch projects on time, highlight potential risks or blockers, act proactively to resolve issues, and ensure quality standards and deadlines are met across the various touchpoints of these large projects.
• Content operations project management, tracking the growing content inventory and pipeline from the acquisition of assets all the way through to launch in our growing direct-to-consumer subscription service and across distribution partners
• Manage the changing content acquisition pipeline with varying content rights and adjust content launch plans dynamically
• Ensure project requirements and key milestones are clearly communicated and understood by key stakeholders
• Facilitate and administer project processes by creating, managing and updating documentation
• Conduct content audits and gap analysis, and use findings to develop recommendations to improve content operations
• Cross-collaborate with Program Management, Video Operations, Global Content Operations, Product, and Marketing teams to streamline workflows, improving efficiency and scaling processes
• Bring a passion for innovation, drive efficiency, and partner with others to develop requirements and project manage those solutions through to successful implementations
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 5 years of experience managing programs consisting of multi-year/multi-phase scope, encompassing multiple projects
• Strong experience managing program planning structures, prioritization systems, content schedules, risk analysis and management systems
• Strong knowledge of content rights, operations, and content management systems with emphasis on global content operations and variability management
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multi-level communication, coordination plans and related tracking
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
• Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to navigate effectively across functional teams and executive audiences
• Microsoft Excel wizard
• Deadline driven and able to pivot quickly on multiple projects without losing speed, focus, or quality; able to make decisions to meet evolving deadlines
• Exhibit a high degree of ownership and accountability with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently
• Team oriented, creative, adaptable and driven
• Bachelor's degree or above
You might also have -
• Experience with CMS Content Publishing and understanding of content supply chain and content publishing processes
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is preferrable and strongly recommended
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Certified ScrumMaster is a plus.
FUNCTION: Project Management
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.