New York, NY
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Paramount+ is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees.
Overview & Responsibilities
ViacomCBS is looking for a Software Architect to drive Paramount+ web application development. The role will be hands-on and ultimately responsible for the delivery of a global streaming service to several international markets. This is an incredible opportunity to lead teams working on a high profile product launch that is integral to the growth and future of ViacomCBS.
This highly collaborative individual will play an end-to-end role from understanding the goals and roadmaps for the product as well as other engineering teams, through the design and architecture of any solution and the delivery and maintenance of those platforms once in place. You will participate in the definition of product requirements being able to articulate how the engineering effort will align to those requirements and provide accurate estimates of the effort.
• Hands on architecture and development of Paramount+.
• Propose, review, and maintain key technical decisions, standards, practices, and policies.
• Collaborate with various teams to execute projects in a timely manner.
• Maintain an awareness of best practices in the technology industry and implement as appropriate.
• Creates and maintains architectural roadmaps to support the implementation of the future architectural vision. Propose migration paths for future strategies..
• Creates business and technical architectures, leading the process from conceptual to physical design, specifying functions and documenting effectively.
• Conduct complete analysis of complex technical and business problems, including those involving multiple systems, customers, platforms, and technologies.
• Continually improves work procedures and processes for the team.
• Foster a culture of accountability and continuous learning.
• Mentor and guide team members, provide technical oversight and leadership necessary to accomplish work.
• Directly involved in talent sourcing, hiring, and onboarding.
• Effectively communicate highly technical information to business partners and staff.
• Establish architectural principles, recommend design patterns, and mentoring team members in their appropriate application.
• You will be working closely with US and international engineering teams for the development and expansion of Paramount+.
You will participate in technology standards-setting initiatives within ViacomCBS.
• You will be architecting modular and scalable applications.
• 10+ years of development experience and expert knowledge of Web and/or application development.
• Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams.
• Experience working with distributed teams.
• Experience working with high volume web sites, media companies is a plus.
• Prior management experience with proven success at leading development teams.
• Prior experience managing an engineering teams.
• Experience mentoring and coaching engineers.
• Successful track record of designing and architecting solutions.
• Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization.
• 5+ years of experience on CSS and/or Sass.
• Experience on tools like Gulp and Webpack and can coach other developers when needed.
• Experience with Git and can coach other developers when needed.
• BS/MS Degree.
• Understanding of edge caching/CDN networks.
• Experience with caching systems (memcache, redis, akamai, varnish, etc.)
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and build tools.
• Experience with cloud based infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of network protocols like TCP/IP and HTTP and the understanding of what makes a RESTful API great.
• Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vn6n-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.