ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS News is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced Social Media & Trending Content Team!
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. Looking for someone who understands the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. You must have experience with video production and in covering breaking news, with the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate pieces on a variety of topics, a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from our various broadcast and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets. And must have the flexibility to work newsroom hours, which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
• Translating CBS News television packages into digital videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Writing trending news stories for CBSNews.com
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 2 to 4 years of social media or television experience in a news environment
• Experience working in a broadcast or digital newsroom
• Strong social media and writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Ability to multitask
• A team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Video editing experience, as well as knowledge of graphic design and Photoshop
• Flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
You might also have -
• Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy74m0-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.