Senior Marketing Manager
We are a social team that develops and produces compelling stories-as told through video, editorial, and social platforms-that promotes programming across the ViacomCBS portfolio. As CBS All Access transitions to Paramount+ in 2021, additional programming opportunities will include a long list of titles from CBS, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, and the Smithsonian Channel. Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes the best of CBSi's content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by using data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world.
We are looking for a Social Media Producer to develop our social media presence and grow engagement for All Access / Paramount+ overall and a slate of Original Series which currently includes Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Lower Decks, The Twilight Zone, Why Women Kill, The Good Fight, and The Stand, plus many upcoming additional titles!
The ideal candidate is skilled in crafting social content and writing for social audiences while establishing a voice for shows on social media. We're looking for someone who is passionate about the entertainment space, stays up to date on the latest social trends, and loves to brainstorm and develop unique social creative. This position reports to the Social Director.
• Develop and execute the content and programming strategy in support of the launch and ongoing promotions for several Original Series across multiple social channels (FB, Twitter, Instagram and more)
• Partner with editors and design teams across ViacomCBS Digital to brainstorm, ideate, and execute editorial, video, and graphic content that is optimized for social distribution
• Maintain a well-detailed and organized publishing calendar
• Lead all aspects of the writing, positioning, and publishing of daily social posts across various channels and properties
• Bring a creative mind to frequent brainstorming sessions to pitch new social content ideas and campaigns that you will then lead from conception to execution
• Build and grow social followings through daily community management - actively engage and respond to followers and implement tactics to encourage social conversation
• Track & analyze the performance and results of campaigns and initiatives, create social recap reports, and present key takeaways to executives and partners
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years producing custom social content while running brand social accounts, preferably in entertainment
• Adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres
• Experience developing and crafting visuals and video optimized for sharing
• Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each
• Keen eye for visual storytelling through photo and video with ability to use photo and video editing tools to self-serve on content for distribution
• A consistent voice that is detailed and a stickler for grammar
• Ability to see the broader picture of social as it relates to the TV landscape
• Passionate and knowledgeable about television and pop culture
• Great communication skills and ability to articulate concepts
• Ability to work against tight deadlines and flexibility to pivot on strategy and execution when necessary
• Ability to mine and use social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends if necessary
• Able to provide samples of previous work
You might also have -
• Previous employment with a television network, major studio, or entertainment agency
• Working knowledge of Photoshop or basic graphic design skills
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.