San Francisco, CA
The team for CBS All Access is responsible for servicing CBS's premiere online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) and also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy television hits such as Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, etc.).
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become one of the core contributors that helps power the backend services for CBS All Access. We're a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility, and foundational robustness. The right candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies.
• Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services
• Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
• Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
• Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle
• Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
• Find smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or via machine learning
• Discover reliable ways to manage, retrieve, store, and secure our data around the globe
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 5+ years product software development
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
• Solid Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
• Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
• Effective communication skills
You might also have -
• Experience with RDBMs
• Experience with NoSQL solutions
• Experience with Search Technologies
• Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
• Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
• Working knowledge of build tools a plus
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.