Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Video) - CBS All Access / Paramount+
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access / Paramount+. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Video) who will help drive our system's evolution! The role will be an integral part of the Video Streaming and Operations team, working with video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. The candidate will also be responsible for doing minimal video quality check, building, deploying and managing video encoding applications in cloud (AWS/GCP).
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform.
• Plan, Design and Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
• Investigate and resolve video encoding issues.
• Field questions and requests from site publishers regarding video encoding / playback.
• Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices
• Work with other developers and operations team on streamlined CI/CD solution
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Responsible for Video Transcoding
• Building features and improving Static/Dynamic packaging solutions for CBS All Access/ Paramount
• Work on integrating video encoding platforms with multi-DRM and right management systems
• Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing of existing systems into the cloud
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Experience with container formats, transmuting and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
• Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
• Experience in programming languages such as GoLang, PHP, Python
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
You might also have -
• Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.