Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Are you an engineer interested in new media, social activities and television? ViacomCBS Streaming is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment! The team at ViacomCBS Streaming values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
ViacomCBS Streaming seeks a Senior SRE for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support our diverse infrastructure and kubernetes platform that serves our streaming products within the cloud. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer to manage a wide range of existing technology with an opportunity to improve scalability and reliability of our systems. You thrive on automation, self healing, performance, high availability & uptime. You love systems that are well run and thrive on creating systems that are reliable, documented and monitored across multiple metrics. You love CI/CD and think releases should happen multiple times a day. You have experience with being on-call and thrive on ownership and systems
• Lead the design & implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and Infrastructure as Code
• Focus on managing large scale databases comprising of OLTP and No-SQL instances
• Support our development teams across multiple environments in an AGILE environment
• Build and manage infrastructure at large scale
• Build self-healing systems
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Lead the modernization of our database infrastructure
• Implementation of Infrastructure as Code for provisioning using tools such as Terraform and Kubernetes
• Work with our development teams on re-architecture of existing systems in the cloud
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems
• 2+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or Ansible
• 4+ years' experience setting different database tiers
• 2+ years' experience programming in a programming language such as Python or Go
• On call experience
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
You may also have:
• Past experience working on public clouds like AWS or GCP
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71bv9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.