San Francisco, CA
The team at CBS.com is responsible for servicing CBS's premiere online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight) that stream via our state of the art platform, CBS All Access. We help millions of viewers consume and enjoy award winning television hits such as: Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, and many more!
The team is looking for a Senior Roku Engineer that will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate their ideas with colleagues and management. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge technologies.
• Research and development of new technologies related to video and video players
• Work closely with engineering and product teams
• Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
• Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop new features for CBS All Access and CBS All Access International brands.
• Contribute in development and improvement of features around video.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• 5+ years of experience in application development
• Hands on experience building applications for Roku devices
• Demonstrate fluency with BrightScript
• Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization
• Roku application development best practices
You might also have -
• Previous experience building applications for other OTT/Smart TV devices
• Experience performing load tests
• Experience with the development of Chromecast applications
• Experience working with CI tools like Jenkins
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.