Art Production Coordinator
CBS Entertainment is truly cross-platform - we value design and brand consistency across devices. As an organization, we place a premium on design and usability. Creating beautifully premium and intuitive apps and sites is a significant focus of our roadmap.
Our team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us develop interactive design solutions and consistent user interfaces across platforms. The ideal candidate is curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the ''outcomes'' of their work. The Senior Product Designer's work displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service CBS All Access across CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc).
• Own end-to-end user experience and user interface design across the full user journey, including onboarding, wireframes, prototypes to polished UI designs with motion.
• Create pixel precise designs that are on brand and are created based on product requirements and partner input / feedback.
• Research the competitive landscape, create user flows and work towards product designs that take into consideration evolving functionality, technological innovation and their effects on the product or company revenue.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and research to ensure design consistency and quality.
• Advocate for visual, functional and interaction flow consistency with an awareness of when to apply our standards vs moments to add to or evolve those guidelines.
• Look at product usage data and user research to consider the best execution of every product feature.
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 5+ years of product design experience
• A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
• Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements.
• Ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
• Experience partnering with peer designers and product / project orgs to deliver cutting edge design solutions across the entire product lifecycle and have lived through multiple launches.
• Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts using industry standard design / project management tools. IE, Sketch, Figma, Jira, Adobe CS etc.
• A portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with modern sense of visual design currency. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
• Agile scrum experience -- been a member of a scrum delivery team in a product development environment.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.