Senior Manager, Technical Video Integration
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access / Paramount+. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
Our team is seeking a senior video product leader who is driven to create top notch streaming experiences for CBS All Access / Paramount+ subscribers! The role will own and manage all documentation for video technology integrations and workflows as well as chart out best-in-class experiences for VOD content, live TV streaming, MVPD authentication and live feed franchises (e.g., Big Brother Live Feeds). Ultimately, we're looking for someone to document and manage video projects and media supply chains.
• Lead all aspects of the video experience across website, mobile & connected TVs from concept inception through launch
• Collaborate with video partners (such as Video Operations, Ad Operations, Analytics and Business Intelligence teams) to solicit feedback and involvement for roadmapping, prioritizing and planning updates
• Translate digital streaming visions, strategy and roadmap into product definition, epics and stories that can be communicated to engineering, QA and other cross-functional partners
• Perform as product owner for VOD and Live TV streaming technology throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
• Manage documentation for metadata supply chain, player upgrades, DRM, encoding, CDN partners as well as other emerging streaming technologies
• Work with product, engineering & video operations managers to maximize video and metadata entry points and playback opportunities to create promotional, growth and retention strategies, etc.
• Develop product requirements and documentation for all video workflows & projects
• Act as an in-house video specialist by staying up to date on the latest trends in other emerging platforms
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 7+ years of experience in video product management
• Demonstrated passion for the digital video market with solid understanding of the streaming video ecosystem and experience with streaming media players (live TV + VOD)
• Strong technical background or ability to comprehend and communicate any technical dependencies and requirements for product development
• Extremely motivated and is energized by big challenges with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
You might also have -
• Hands-on experience working with SCRUM or other agile development methodologies
• Prior analytics solutions and video ad products experience
• Experience working with video performance / measurement tools and QoS products
• Experience working with video CMS and program guides
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.