CBS All Access is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. This Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content that is streamed on over 15 platforms.
CBS Interactive is seeking a Senior Manager of Live Streaming to manage the daily live streaming operations around CBS All Access products. The ideal candidate will create procedures and best practices to support our business and products, all while solving complex business challenges focused on the growing live TV on CBS All Access. The ability to develop, own, and report on key performance metrics is critical with the ability to discern priority and focus resources where necessary. You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of Media and Entertainment, especifically, in Supply Chains supporting Broadcast and Digital, Broadcast and Media Operations, and OTT Delivery.
• Manage all live TV events, such as american football, soccer, mixed martial arts, hockey and other interims of workflows and operations for CBS All Access products
• Execute a live TV roadmap to scale the existing services, as well as continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase velocity and quality of output
• Manage CBS locals encoder migrations and relationships between CBS interactive, stations and partners
• Manage and improve ''eyes-on-glass'' dashboards related to video service and delivery
• Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any live TV streaming issues on CBS All Access and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
• Support internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
• Assist in rolling out DRM across all stations and live tv workflows
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Lead live streaming initiatives within CBS All Access domain, including but not limited to multi DRM platforms, live TV and live streaming events distribution
• Establish and grow the existing workflows for live TV events, both during the pandemic and after, in order to develop or improve it
• Improve and grow the current CBS Live TV channels offers, in terms of availability, delivery quality and reach
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum 4 years in live TV operations roles, including Live events
• 3+ years in customer facing roles in the field of video broadcasting
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and innovative
• Strong knowledge of live streaming protocols such as HLS and DASH
• Extensive knowledge of live streaming workflows, from sourcing, processing, delivering and engaging from the live event origin all the way to CBS All Access clients
You might also have -
• Experience with video engineering is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, media or similar fields preferred
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.