Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
The CBS Television Distribution Digital (CTD) group at CBS Interactive creates digital / video focused desktop, mobile, and app experiences, managing digital and social for first-run television syndication brands including Star Trek, Dabl, Entertainment Tonight and ET Live, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, The Doctors, and The Drew Barrymore Show.
Our team is looking for a seasoned Senior Engineer that can help implement and deploy stellar code. The ideal engineer candidate isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. The candidate understands what it takes to build products that keep fans coming back for more. Your mind shifts seamlessly between web, mobile, apps, and devices. You weave social into the fabric of your solutions. Your head is in the cloud, your arms are around distributed frameworks, and your toes tap to an Agile beat. Your personality leads you to obsess over details until you get a deliverable just right and on time. Your passion motivates your colleagues and pushes their limits to deliver excellence. You love the idea of working on a distributed team of code crafters to create new business opportunities!
• Develop front end code and presentation libraries for high profile consumer websites and content applications.
• Collaborate closely with product, design, and engineering teams to deliver high-quality, and reusable UI components, templates, and wireframes for use across consumer web sites and back end video management / publishing systems.
• Actively participate in daily stand ups with the development team.
• Contribute to application roadmap items and participate in regular code reviews.
• Maintain application quality and work to ensure responsiveness and scalability from all applications and services.
• Contribute to continuous integration, code testing, and engineering best practices across all development projects.
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Opportunity to spin up large numbers of A-list properties on a stack you help define; brands you've probably spent years watching on TV and in the movies!
• We are continuing to move towards headless and serverless - your input and collaboration will be felt across the organization as we lead the organization in future Web technology.
• Contribute to making our brands the first to break news and content by shaving milliseconds off render and delivery. We are the premier source of news and information in many markets and your contributions will not only keep us there, but ensure we can be number one.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of full-stack development experience spanning all phases of the software development life cycle
• Demonstrated strengths developing presentation layers for large scale websites, adaptive web-based applications, and mobile apps
• Deep knowledge of the Open Source content management platforms and deep familiarity with Drupal, Symfony, and OOP
• Ability to work in a multi-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
You might also have -
• Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
• Experience with online video management and delivery
• Experience with Laravel/Lumen
• Knowledge of multiple online publishing environments
• Server side scripting and basic Linux/Unix commands and utilities
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, business, or related field
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.