Fort Lauderdale, FL
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Do you have a passion for sports? Do you love to code? Do you have experience building web apps from the ground up? And did you win your fantasy league this past season (or at least give it a good run)? If you answered yes to all of the above, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! The CBS Sports Fantasy team is looking for an experienced senior web developer to build out the latest and greatest in fantasy gaming and content apps used by over a million people every month. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, UI/UX expertise, and excellent leadership skills.
Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups to define and implement product features. Work with other technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key web product features.
• Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on performance and user experience
• Build interactive UX using HTML and CSS based on designs provided by design team
• Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
• Provide engineering support to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of application availability and stability
• Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build sharable components
• Migrate legacy code to a React Framework
• Build a set of features and tools to support various CBSSports.com Fantasy production needs
• Review code changes by other team members to ensure they meet requirements, are error free, and use best practices
• Provide critical feedback on code changes through the code review process
What you bring to the team
You have -
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 5 years of Web Development experience, with 3+ years of experience in React
• Minimum of 2 years of experience building UI/UX from the ground up based on designs provided
• Proven experience developing web applications in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
• You stay plugged into emerging technologies by attending conferences, meet-ups and user groups
• Ability to architect and debug complex systems.
• Extensive experience using REST APIs and JSON data
• Experience using a CSS preprocessor like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
• Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
You might also have -
• You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
• You possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
• You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
• You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k863-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.