Digital Campaign Specialist
New York, NY
We are a fast-growing and innovative group focused on organic and paid partnerships (primarily DTC on OTT platforms) to drive distribution and reach of CBS News products across multi-platforms. CBS News Digital is seeking a Senior Director, Partnerships to help accelerate growth of CBS News Digital, including the leading 24/7 streaming news service, CBSN, and CBSNews.com. Our ideal candidate is a digital native with experience and relationships working with various OTT, SVOD, AVOD and vMVPD platforms, is passionate about the news industry, has strong analytical skills, and is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Senior Director, Partnerships will employ proven tactics and new innovative approaches to acquire new users, on partner platforms and deepen the engagement with existing users across the CBS News suite of digital products, including connected TV devices, mobile, and desktop.
Own day-to-day partner relationships, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple, Samsung TV+, Hulu, Vizio, Android TV, and Xumo TV, and onboard new partner relationships as they develop.
This position will oversee the development and execution of campaigns that support breaking news, tentpole events, original programming and support product launches.
The ideal candidate has expertise in paid media partnerships on OTT and digital platforms with a track record of success growing digital video revenue using measurement tactics and analytical skills.
This role is responsible for using data and marketing technology to drive increased video consumption across partner platforms.
• The role supports a unique combination of digital growth disciplines including audience development, partnerships, distribution, and newsletters.
• Own day-to-day partner relationships, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple, Samsung TV+, Hulu, Vizio, Android TV, and Xumo TV.
• Develop , execute, and optimize organic and paid marketing campaigns for breaking news and tentpole events.
• Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies to meet and exceed video stream volume and ROI targets.
• Launch campaigns and provide meticulous reporting and data-driven optimization recommendations.
• Implement performance acquisition campaigns, driving an increase in unique viewers and streams to drive CBS News Digital growth on cbsnews.com and the 24/7 digital news destination CBSN.
• Strategize and coordinate with ViacomCBS marketing teams to support news programming.
• Create weekly review decks to update senior management and adjacent teams on media campaign KPIs, key learnings, and recommendations for future projects.
• Collaborate with the appropriate News teams to develop a win-back campaign for newsletters.
• Manage newsletters specifically related to promotional campaigns for big news events.
• Partnership Distribution: Grow distribution across key digital partnerships and OTT partners.
• Drive partner campaign optimization by testing new techniques, analyzing performance data, and shifting resources to top performing campaign elements. Communicate learnings on a regular basis across functional teams.
• Launch campaigns to drive video streams, app installs, and increased visit frequency across platforms.
• Manage the monthly marketing budget to support mobile app install, audience development and partner promotions.
• Stay abreast of new marketing opportunities on partner platforms and industry trends related to performance marketing.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
• 10+ years marketing experience required
• Experience leading and managing cross functional teams.
• Experience overseeing internal and external creative and media buying teams and agencies.
• Track record of demonstrating strong relationship building, interpersonal and cross-functional team partnership skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
FUNCTION: Business Development
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.