Lead Cloud Security Engineer
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Are you a developer interested in new media, social activities and television? CBS Interactive is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment! The team at CBS.com values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
Our team is looking for a Senior CMS Developer that will embrace our design precepts and will be a collaborative teammate able to communicate their ideas with colleagues and management. We need a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of groundbreaking languages and technologies! Our ideal candidate will have a solid foundation around performance and strive to deliver high quality products.
• Responsible for gathering, architecting solutions, data modeling, and implementation
• Design, build, and support a high performance, scalable, and innovative CMS powering our cross-platform streaming service
• Develop back-end APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
• Collaborate with fellow engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
• Work in all phases of a rapid product development life-cycle
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 4+ years of full stack web development experience
• Skilled in PHP, MySQL, Linux, Shell scripting
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
• Can independently design, code, and test technical solutions
• Keen knowledge of open source software and web development standard methodologies
• Knowledge of modern CMS systems and trends
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
You might also have -
• Experience with source control systems; git preferred
• Experience with Drupal 7 or 8, NoSQL, Redis and Lucene/SOLR preferred
• Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.)
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkpbm-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.