Lead Cloud Security Engineer
New York, NY
Join a team passionate about best practices to ensure code hygiene, leveraging open source libraries, continuous integration and delivery, and strong belief in solid automated testing at multiple levels! You will work with team members in numerous locations, so excellent team collaboration is essential. We rely on daily standups to facilitate communication, get help when needed, and leverage current tools (Slack, Confluence, video conference) to communicate decisions and stay connected with team members.
As a Sr Cloud Backend Engineer on the Applied Machine Learning Group, you'll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications, pipelines and APIs for AI/ML products that support streaming services at ViacomCBS! Location is open for remote work.
Getting a vast body of metadata ready for use in AI products is never easy. The AMLG group at ViacomCBS is looking for a Senior Cloud Backend Engineer to join our team to design and develop sophisticated products that collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable and reliable way both for ourselves and our customers. Does this sound like you?
• Work with the product manager and lead engineers to architect and develop a variety of features, reusable components and products for metadata availability for recommendations, search, and streaming services.
• Implementation of features in distributed backend systems
• Take initiative in the architectural design, implementation, and delivery of product features
• Analyze and optimize back-end code, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance
• Use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function and change/ improve as needed
• Triage and fix reported bugs as well as issues related to performance
• Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
• Bring new ideas about technology to engineering team and product manager
• Become an authority on core backend systems
• Build relationships with other Central Engineering and Product Engineering teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Proven foundation and programming experience in Python, Django and SQL
• Working knowledge of developing and interfacing with thoughtfully designed HTTP APIs (REST or gRPC)
• Development experience in one of the major Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
• Solid knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores in Google Cloud Platform like CloudSQL and BigQuery
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
• A demonstrated capability for creative thinking, and intellectual exploration
• Experience writing, debugging, and performance tuning on distributed cloud systems
• Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on a task, collaborating with other engineers to design and implement features
• Familiar with agile software development process
You might also have -
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of development experience
• Strong understanding of technologies in Google Cloud Platform (GCP certification)
• Hands-on experience with Apache Beam and/or Airflow
• Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud deployments
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience developing solutions within container orchestration systems
• Desire to contribute to the open-source community (i.e., blogs, source code, etc)
• Passionate about data applications and the ML/AI space
FUNCTION: Data and Research
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.