ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Our portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming!
Our team is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to help define and execute comprehensive, automated test plans for our OTT video streaming applications and services. As a member of our core QA team, our QA Engineer should be comfortable designing effective and iterative test plans in collaboration with our product, engineering, and QA teams.
• Automate and execute test cases for both web-based and native client applications, across several mobile and OTT platforms
• Help prioritize incoming issues and document steps to reproduce, as well as observed and typical system behavior
• Actively participate in daily standups and sprint planning, with an emphasis on optimizing testing cycles/resources with product and development teams to deliver shippable features
• Coordinate with the rest of the QA team to define and develop test cases that can be automated and improve overall QA processes
• Coordinate with various internal and external partners to continually improve and prioritize tasks to achieve long-term, scalable automation architecture
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Participate in all phases of the software development process, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Maintain and expand the current QA automation architecture and test case coverage
• Investigate and create ways to automate test plans on OTT devices
• Assist in building a scalable QA architecture to handle increasing number of builds and platforms
• Develop more efficient ways to complete full regressions across several builds
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
• 3+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, and Test Driven Development Strategies
• Experience with API testing with one or more tools (Postman, SoapUI Pro, or some equivalent service layer testing tool)
• Experience with UI automation tools like Roku WebDriver, Selenium, Appium, SmartBear TestComplete, etc.
• Experience with Jenkins and automated QA pipelines
• Experience in creation and execution of comprehensive product test plans, test cases and scripts
• Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
You might also have -
• Scripting experience in Java
• Experience with automated end-to-end testing using open source test tools like Selenium/Webdriver, Roku WebDriver and Appium
• Experience in using network tools like Charles Proxy, Wireshark, or some equivalent tool
• Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs
• Experience working with SDETs to create automation strategy and follow through to create and execute automated test scripts
• Using TestRail or any equivalent test case management tool
FUNCTION: Software Engineering