Department Assistant, Music & Talent - Entertainment & Youth Brands
New York, NY
CBS Sports Digital has an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations (PR) Manager in New York. This role will help drive the communications strategy and publicity efforts for CBS Sports Digital and its properties. The role will report to the Senior Director of Public Relations for ViacomCBS Digital while working closely with counterparts at CBS Sports.
• Promote CBS Sports Digital initiatives to trade and consumer press, field media requests including interview requests for talent, and develop close working relationships with media to ensure ongoing coverage of CBS Sports Digital properties and initiatives in both dedicated and industry stories.
• Create and manage PR plans, press releases, media lists, talking points and other materials.
• Partner with CBS Sports broadcast PR and cross-functional digital teams such as editorial, product, social, marketing, business intelligence and sales to determine priorities for promotion, develop PR plans and strategies, and ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for CBS Sports Digital.
• Track coverage of CBS Sports Digital properties as well as the competitive sports digital landscape.
• Vet and secure speaking engagements/panels for CBS Sports Digital executives.
• Manage award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
• This scope of this role will cover all levels of sports, from high school through pro, to align with CBS Sports Digital's coverage across its properties. Promotion efforts will span programming and content, including original video and editorial content, live sports rights on CBS All Access, podcasts, and annual tentpoles like rankings for high school and college sports, as well as support for product and business initiatives, including partnerships and digital platform growth and expansion.
• On the content side, a major focus of the PR Manager will be to support CBS Sports Digital's various live streaming initiatives, including the upcoming Super Bowl live stream, as well as CBS Sports HQ major tentpoles and daily programming.
• The PR Manager will be involved in promoting CBS Sports Digital's fantasy and gambling products and content.
• The PR Manager will also have the opportunity as part of the ViacomCBS Digital PR team to help drive the industry leadership positioning of the broader ViacomCBS Digital group and its properties, spanning CBS All Access, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ and others.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 3+ years of hands-on media relations experience in the sports media industry is essential, preferably with previous digital media experience.
• Solid knowledge of and passion for the sports and digital media industries, including a knowledge of the competitive sports digital media landscape.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively, generate new story angles, and create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives
• Responsibility as a team player and flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Corporation
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social media savvy
• Bachelor's degree
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.