ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
We are the Program Management team for CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, with a growing PMO team that boasts unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our leaders and teams bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
Our team is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager / Release Train Engineer (RTE) that will contribute to our PI Planning Events every quarter for an Agile Release Train, to monitor / report on our program increments, and guide your scrum teams to deliver our complex, matrix, programs that are on time, on budget and with value. Our ideal candidate will play a vital part in leading our complex projects and programs across 5 or 6 scrum teams for Paramount+ (formerly known as CBS All Access). The role knows what it takes to manage large and complex projects, involving multiple partners and a diverse team of collaborators taking a project from inception to delivery to delight our customers!
• Serve as the ''air traffic controller'' guiding projects and objectives to deliver against aggressive timelines
• Contribute to the Planning and logistics of the PI Planning Event on a quarterly basis
• Partner with Agile Team Scrum Masters, product owners, and engineering to ensure successful delivery against PI commitments and complex projects.
• Moderate travel between Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York offices (when viable)
• Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all teams' status - progress, risks, capacity issues, roadblocks and other key performance indicators as required, the good, bad and the ugly through the various artifacts of scrum of scrum (i.e. backlogs to burn down charts), status reports and just common-sense communication efforts
• Prepare and manage project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs and act as liaison between cross-functional teams (design, engineering, editorial, sales and marketing) to drive end-to-end development of products to market
• Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and remove impediments for the teams
• Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, championing a positive culture, both for your team and the wider business unit, and through working with other PMs within the PMO to help foster agile scrum and scaled agile, and other productivity methodologies throughout the organization
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Agile SAFe certification and experience as an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE)
• 7+ years of scrum master experience, leading multiple scrum teams and large, complex deliveries
• Program management experience tracking complex direct-to-consumer projects from start to finish
• Ability to coach and provide transformation guidance
• Scrum Master certification with an extensive background in Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies, backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective
• Experience working in Web and Mobile Applications development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
• Project planning tools, tricks and processes for roadmapping, planning, gantt, and feedback milestones in the SDLC
• Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, google suite, Slack
• A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative environment
• Willing to travel on a monthly basis to Los Angeles and San Francisco CA
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
You might also have -
• Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant certification
• Knowledge of video streaming products on Mobile, Desktop, OTT and Smart TV screens
• PMP Certification or similar Program/Project Management certification
• Experience with Content Management Systems, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites
• Basic proficiency and general understanding of standard development software
• Release management experience on Web, Mobile Applications and OTT platforms to customers
FUNCTION: IT/Technology Operations