Research Analyst - Streaming
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Our Distribution & Operations team works on expanding distribution of our best-in-class ViacomCBS content across multiple types of digital partnerships and business models, including (but not limited to) ad-supported streaming, subscription video on demand (with Paramount+), and digital OTT products and partnerships. We are a diverse and agile team that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we bring our premium content to consumers, however, and wherever they want to consume content.
The Partnership Operations Manager will play a key role as a foundational member of our growing business operations function, working closely with our digital OTT partners. In this role, the Partnership Operations Manager will be closely involved in tracking and managing the Paramount+ programming pipeline, will lead daily operational tasks that drive operational efficiency for distribution of this content, and will spearhead the day-to-day management of Paramount+ with our Channels partners, troubleshooting releases as needed. They will work under the guidance of the Director of Partnership Operations and partner with other key associates to address priority strategic questions while working on projects aimed to streamline operations and processes that help drive growth and revenue. The Partnership Operations Manager is expected to lead all Paramount+ launches on partner platforms, and be involved with a varying range of projects, and will be expected to interact and manage relationships with cross-functional teams both externally and internally.
• Support the launch of all content on Paramount+ on Channels and its day-to-day management needs across our highly visible digital OTT partners
• Manage the steady-state Paramount+ programming slate for distribution to digital OTT partners; oversee the preparation of all content for avails to digital OTT partners
• Support the video operations team with prioritization of the delivery of appropriate digital assets to each partner
• Develop and iterate on operational specs and documentation based upon changing processes
• Work cross-functionally with content teams, video operations, and other internal teams to help partners launch our steady flow of content
• Conduct regular product audits across various platforms for consistency
• Conduct daily tracking and communication of competitive developments
• Collect and gather industry research to develop business insights and recommendations to support the business strategy and operational decision making
• Identify market trends, research reports, and frequent business analyses for special projects
• Drive processes and find efficiency to help scale operations to support our growing digital OTT-business
• Partner closely with digital OTT partners to help expand distribution of Paramount+ content across multiple services and platforms domestically
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3-5 years of previous experience in a client/external facing partner and operations management role within a media company or digital MVPD(s) or OTT SVOD service(s), project management, and relevant post-production or interactive roles
• Previous experience working in a programming or distribution function; passion and demonstrated interest in film and television content is a must
• Demonstrated strong EQ with the ability to work cross-functionally with various and diverse teams both internally and externally
• A demonstrated a strong understanding of the digital linear streaming, SVOD, VOD space
• Strong proficiency in MS office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with content tracking and content management tools
• Strong communication and organization skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• Exceptional work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, act proactively and drive resolution
• The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and results-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be able to work well under pressure, escalate when needed, and quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask is a necessity
You might also have -
• Experience with scripting and database creation is a plus
FUNCTION: Business Development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-room1p-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.