CBS Sports Staff Writer- Fantasy & Sports Betting
New York, NY
247Sports is seeking a National Recruiting Staff Writer who is passionate about college football, athletics. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our National recruiting coverage – providing content for our audience and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them on our message board. If this sounds like you come join us!
• Report and provide free and premium written updates on college football, trends, and contribute to 247Sports rankings.
• Cover key recruiting events throughout the year to capture information for our rankings and occasionally gather interviews from prospects during camps which will provide outstanding content for users and subscribers.
• Provide exciting and relevant information regarding our rankings and updates to our team sites, specialists and desk that reflects the high standards of our 247Sports brand.
• Continually provide ideas and insights to the larger recruiting team on a regular basis.
• Appear confidenceon camera and podcasts.
• Stay up to date on top prospects in the latest recruiting classes for ranking purposes.
• Provide original and quality team content to help grow team site audience and message board community.
• Work with national editorial to provide comprehensive coverage on national recruiting new
• Experience covering and reporting on college football with an emphasis on SEC/ACC/Big12
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed
• Multimedia experience especially shooting and editing photos, and video and podcast.
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
You might also have -
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Experience on camera for video features around football coverage
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3zxj-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.