Data Quality Website Production Coordinator
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? How about managing people? Do you have experience managing & building engineering teams? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBS Sports is looking for a strategic and experienced Manager of Connected TV Platforms to lead our Video Platform Engineering team!
This role will drive execution of the technical strategy for all of our connected TV platforms (AppleTV, FireTV, Roku, LG, Vizio). As a key leader, you'll drive technical decisions, architecture, team structure, engineering processes and most importantly culture, elevating our capability to provide best-in-class viewing experiences to our customers. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, technical architecture skills and excellent leadership skills.
• Lead the development, architecture, and evolution of the connected TV application team that powers the CBS Sports Digital portfolio of consumer-facing connected TV digital products
• Work collaboratively with product owners, designers, engineers, and testers to execute on the product requirements
• Participate in code reviews where necessary and promote a culture of quality throughout the platforms.
• Provide clear leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
• Employ agile-based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps.
• Develop products forAppleTV, FireTV, Roku, LG TVs, Vizio TVs
• High profile streaming events including Super Bowl LV and UEFA Champions League soccer
• Support the continued buildout of our 24/7 Sports Digital network, CBS Sports HQ
• Collaborate with other CBSi teams to design and develop next-generation video streaming features
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA, and release management of mobile or connected TV applications
• Exceptional management acumen, including the ability to develop and iterate upon a multi-year business & technical strategy, articulate clear objectives, focus and motivate teams to execution, adeptly anticipate changes, and flex priorities to maintain effectiveness
• Strong knowledge of Swift/Objective-C, Java/Kotlin, or BrightScript and ScreneGraph
• Understanding of Roku, AppleTV, FireTV UI design patterns, implementation best practices, and performance optimizations
• 4+ years of experience delivering mobile or connected TV applications
• Expert knowledge of designing and consuming RESTful API's for mobile or connected TV consumers
• 5+ years strong Object Oriented programming fundamentals and design patterns: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, networking, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
You might also have -
• Understanding of video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, DASH, etc
• Working knowledge of content delivery networks
• Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
• Familiarity with continuous delivery for mobile or connected TV applications
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.