Director, Business Development
The CBS Sports Social Media team crafts and distributes all content posted from CBS Sports Digital's social media channels. In a sports media landscape that's cluttered with noise, we take pride in building creative concepts that cut through with our audience and represent the values of our brands.
247Sports is seeking a candidate to lead its college sports-based social media channels. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of college football, college basketball, and college recruiting. Further, they will understand best practices of Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube, as demonstrated by their portfolio of work. They will understand the most effective strategies on these platforms and be equipped to build content (i.e. videos, graphics, and memes, using Photoshop) that best play to each platform's audience.
The candidate will work in partnership with the production, editorial, and product teams at 247Sports to run these accounts. They will have the proven ability to identify trending stories, format them for social platforms, and use them to engage our audiences.
• Establish voice and strategy for 247Sports social accounts
• Significantly grow audience and engagement on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
• Determine trending stories and convert them into social posts to drive engagement
• Come up with original creative concepts in reaction to the ongoing social conversation in college sports
• Build photoshops, memes, and simple social video when needed
• Work with the editorial team to convert 247Sports.com articles and video into social content
• Track and provide regular performance updates on all 247 social accounts
• Participate in interdepartmental brainstorms, offering feedback from a social perspective
• Handle schedules and personnel to keep social operation running around the clock
• Collaborate with CBS Sports social team to ensure 247Sports is regularly promoted by our extensive portfolio of social accounts
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of related social media experience and/or experience in a digital newsroom or production setting
• Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
• Track record of significant audience and engagement growth on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
• Ability to multitask and perform at the highest levels under stress and tight deadlines
• Teammate mentality, ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, standard methodologies and analytics
• Base knowledge/grasp of Adobe Creative Suite
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Extraordinary writing ability and a strong understanding of English grammar
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.