San Francisco, CA
The Software Engineering Role is a Full Stack Development Engineer with a specialization in Data Products. This person possesses a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products and insights around data. They will work backward from analytical and experimental requirements to devise data, BI and Product solutions. Participate in multi-functional teams to implement data-intensive plans designed to address business problems. Work closely with the Manager and Business Intelligence teams to provide insights and conclusions that drive business decisions.
• Meet with members of the Product, Engineering, Marketing and BI teams to discuss and advise on projects and implement data-induced solutions that drive the business.
• Design and develop web applications for use by business partners.
• Create automated anomaly detection systems and an unswerving tracking of their performance.
• Design and build products that integrate with in-house as well as vendor solutions.
• Participate in code reviews during the design and development phase
• Develop and promote standard methodologies in engineering
• Staying knowledge of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Break down and communicate data and design problems into simple, feasible solutions.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
• 2 plus years of experience with full-stack application development.
• 2 plus years of experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Proficiency in Python.
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
• Experience designing and developing APIs.
• Proficiency in distributed computing and large-scale data.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres, and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis
• Familiarity with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Familiarity with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
• Familiarity with Workflow systems such as Airflow.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Familiarity with version control systems. (Git)
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.