ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
The Software Engineering Role is a Full Stack Development Engineer with a specialization in Data Products. This person possesses a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products and insights around data. They will work backward from analytical and experimental requirements to devise data, BI and Product solutions. Participate in multi-functional teams to implement data-intensive plans designed to address business problems. Work closely with the Manager and Business Intelligence teams to provide insights and conclusions that drive business decisions.
• Meet with members of the Product, Engineering, Marketing and BI teams to discuss and advise on projects and implement data-induced solutions that drive the business.
• Design and develop web applications for use by business partners.
• Create automated anomaly detection systems and an unswerving tracking of their performance.
• Design and build products that integrate with in-house as well as vendor solutions.
• Participate in code reviews during the design and development phase
• Develop and promote standard methodologies in engineering
• Staying knowledge of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Break down and communicate data and design problems into simple, feasible solutions.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
• 2 plus years of experience with full-stack application development.
• 2 plus years of experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Proficiency in Python.
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
• Experience designing and developing APIs.
• Proficiency in distributed computing and large-scale data.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres, and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis
• Familiarity with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Familiarity with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
• Familiarity with Workflow systems such as Airflow.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Familiarity with version control systems. (Git)
FUNCTION: Software Engineering