Sr Sports Statistics & Predictive Analytics Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This leader will provide mission-critical technical direction and technical support for design, upgrades, system administration, maintenance, and failure recovery for the Sports HQ Broadcast Environment. Work closely with Master Control Operations and Transmission for successful acquisition and delivery of day to day feeds for the Network. Oversee Studio technology across multiple facilities including switchers, graphics, ingest, audio, and comms as well Media Asset Management, workflow implementation, and maintenance. This position requires a strong leader with the ability to direct and motivate technical staff. Varied and extended hours may include weekends, holidays, on-call, and required travel.
• 24/7 responsibility for the integrity of automation, studios, and broadcast IT infrastructure.
• Manage and maintain Newsroom Automation and integrated systems
• Lead an engineering team responsible for maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in the studio, pre & post-production, and MCR operation
• Create, maintain and forecast monthly operating expenses and provide detailed information as needed
• Oversee the management and development of engineering personnel - provide regular feedback to employees and management on performance and goals
• Strategize with production leadership to continue the drive towards long term advanced media
• Drive innovation in the broadcast space to create efficiencies across acquisition to delivery
• Develop and implement current and long-range technical operation plans with an emphasis on emerging technology and competitive engineering systems including SMPTE 2110 IP Video.
• Manage and assist in the evaluation of new studio and newsroom technologies.
• Development, preparation, timely submission for approval and implementation of capital budget projects
• Tracking purchase orders within each project to operate within budget
• Author and publish technical documentation
• Development of ticketing and support workflows to better assist production operations.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 7+ years' experience working in Studio Engineering and Broadcast Operations
• Dynamically and effectively communicate with production to meet the operational needs of the business.
• Make clear sound decisions under pressure and rapidly changing situations
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
• Must have strong working knowledge for the design and operation of advanced broadcast systems including MOS workflows, MAM, Automation, and IP Video Workflows.
• Proficiency in the suite of Ross products, Crispin Automation, Dalet Asset Management, and Encode/Decode Environments.
• Must have a solid working knowledge of PCs, networks, Video routers, NRCS, automation, and Dante audio flows.
• Proficiencies in Amazon Web Services, elastic compute, S3, cloud formation, and file systems.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.