Podcast Distribution & Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Take a leadership role as the new Director of Marketing / Audience Engagement for ViacomCBS Podcasting. You will along side the SVP, Director of Production and brand marketing leads to build out the podcast ecosystem for ViacomCBS, working across all of our brands including AwesomenessTV, BET, CBS Sports, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Studios, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel and others. You will collaborate with brand marketing leads in crafting and implementing the marketing strategies for broader podcast initiatives as well as individual launches. From concept through creation to execution and attribution you will be a key part of the team driving the growth of podcasting across all aspects of Viacom.
As a collaborative, team-based group we are looking for a candidate who shares those values and is willing to get in, roll up their sleeves and make things happen. We are entrepreneurial within a larger organization and seeking out an individual who will thrive in this environment. Our goal is to grow podcasting not just within Viacom, but across the broader media landscape.
The ideal candidate is passionate about media and specifically podcasting. You will have one direct report with strong growth potential in the future as podcasts grow within the company. This is an exciting new role that will both define and build what podcast marketing means across the company.
• Work with each brand marketing team on strategic development and execution of multi-faceted marketing campaigns for new and existing Viacom podcast properties that will span radio, digital/social, smart speakers, email, linear and non-traditional tactics
• Align with brands on the development and production of marketing assets across all channels (video, digital, social, email, etc) as well as innovative tactics to raise awareness of shows and increase downloads.
• Develop marketing strategy across existing portfolio and ''go to market'' plans for show launches that demonstrates the cross marketing potential of ViacomCBS and external distribution partners
• Build audience acquisition and audience engagement efforts for each show (including but not limited to guest & talent cross-booking, community building via social channels/email and in-episode opportunities)
• Work closely with platform partners (Apple, iHeart, Pandora, Spotify, etc) to build relationships and improve merchandising opportunities for new and current shows
• In conjunction with brand, plan and optimize marketing spend/barters for all new show launches and ongoing shows, assessing channel and campaign performances against specific Key Performance Indicators
• Regularly monitor, evaluate, and provide recommendations on improving performance of shows
• Work with Data & Insights team to develop monthly reporting dashboard across all shows for senior level partners and brand leadership teams
• Develop ''best practices'' marketing playbook for organic and paid promotions
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree
• Significant experience in podcasting and/or digital marketing
• Proven track record of delivering audience growth from multiple digital advertising sources
• Ability to execute key analyses with minimal supervision ( proficient in Excel/Google Spreadsheets, etc)
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Experience managing cross-channel marketing process from development to implementation
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with online testing and optimization
• Data-based examples of how you've built an audience / community engagement
• Strong collaborator with ability to move between broad macro goals and tactical implementation
• Strong communicator with a passion for the business
You might also have -
• Experience developing marketing assets, from display, audio and video
• Social media/influencer marketing experience
• Device partner management/promotion
• Proficiency in project management tools/systems
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.