Director, Content (CBS - Entertainment, News, Sports)
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Paramount+ is ViacomCBS' direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. Paramount+ gives subscribers offers more than 20,000 episodes and movies on demand - including exclusive original series, current and past seasons of hit shows from the CBS Television Network and growing libraries from brands across the ViacomCBS portfolio including CBS, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian and more, as well as a wealth of films from Paramount Pictures. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Digital's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Content Strategy & Creative Partnerships team leads the digital brand health of Paramount+ programming across ViacomCBS. We connect various cross-function teams including production, product, PR, distribution, sales and marketing teams to protect and project the essence of our programming across consumer touch points. Additionally, we partner with third party platforms and producers to enhance our digital products and services, all while partnering with brand leaders from within the company to launch and sustain their programming within the service.
Our team is looking for a Director of Content who will lead all aspects of content planning, and scheduling for the CBS brand vertical within Paramount+ for library content created for or licensed for the service, including leading brands partnerships with ViacomCBS' brands such as CBS, CBS Sports, and CBS News. The candidate will work closely across departments and divisions to deliver innovative creative materials and initiatives designed to support CBS programming. The Director will also serve as the brand ambassador in their representation across digital platforms including web, mobile, apps, social media and OTT for Paramount+!
• Manage integration & partner management of brands content into the P+ platform
• Help to set go to market plan and promotions for new and renewed show launches
• Lead show support brainstorms with key partners and teams internally
• Communicate performance and data trends with teams for brands content
• Develop digital content and social strategy in support of programming with P+ social and content teams
• Prioritize and plan all promotional activity around Paramount+ shows within the CBS Entertainment, Sports and News brand vertical
• Manage the asset lifecycle of content and interactive features for shows
• Work with sales and integrated marketing teams to create, package and execute sponsor features tied to shows
• Acquire all necessary approvals and clearances to execute promotional and/or content plans
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Coordinate and launch CBS programming content in the service
• Launch Original Series Content alongside programming leads within brand vertical
• Upfront sales and launch partnerships for original programming
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 6+ years in a strategic marketing, planning or content development or strategy role for streaming services, television, feature film or interactive media
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects across diverse groups or organizations
• Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills with strong attention to detail
• A self-starter, entrepreneurial demeanor who can balance multiple tasks with limited support staff
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly with senior executives and external partners
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
You might also have -
• Subscription VOD service experience
• Ability to easily interact and collaborate with television production personnel
• Diverse experience and skills across creative, project management, product and data/metrics
• Experience using Asana, Jira, project management tools
• Comfort managing various projects at once in a dynamic environment