Manager, Video Engineering - Connected TV Platforms
Fort Lauderdale, FL
CBS Sports Digital consists of some of the most popular and trusted sports destinations on the web: CBSSports.com, 247Sports.com, Scout.com, MaxPreps.com, and more. We're passionate about sports; from high-school, to recruiting and college, to professional and fantasy sports, CBS Sports Digital has served fans for over 2 decades. For the past two years, CBS Sports Digital was ComScore's 2nd largest sports property with 61 million visitors per month on average.
CBS Sports Digital is seeking a digital-savvy Data Quality Website Production Coordinator. In this role, you will assist our team that ensures data quality on a myriad of sports-based products across multiple platforms. Some of the main responsibilities for this Coordinator will revolve around actively monitoring multiple platforms to ensure data quality, strong attention to detail is needed. Additionally, the Website Production Coordinator will possess the ability to troubleshoot issues that arise, seek to tackle problems by using in-house tools, and follow clearly defined procedures in escalating data to third-party feed providers. This role partners with the product, production, editorial, and engineering groups to ensure site quality. There is the expectation of working nights, weekends, and holidays, so a flexible schedule is needed.
• Monitoring feeds using state of the art dashboards while focusing on live scoring and stats feeds across all related products and platforms
• Understanding escalation procedures, and capability to quickly assign website issues to the appropriate key internal and external partners
• Coordinating and overseeing push alerts and third-party feeds by way of in-house dashboards
• Combs through products on the sports website and applications while searching for discrepancies
• Managing and operating production-based tools that assist with, correcting, updating, or deleting information and data
• Supplying ideas for tools that empower associate to efficiently tackle simple and complex problems without relying on the need to escalate issues
• Partnering closely with product and engineering teams to devise and evolve the processes of monitoring data quality
• Supporting both CBSSports.com and SportsLine.com on all website production-based duties
• Preparing and supplying a detailed daily log of issues, which are submitted and reviewed by the management teams
• Monitoring and auditing coverage of CBS specific events, including the NCAA Tournament, Super Bowl, Champions League, and Europa League Soccer, Masters Golf Tournament, and SEC College Football.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Excellent communication, writing, and editorial skills
• An eye for detail while combing through data
• A strong understanding of all sports, including but not limited to; football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, and golf
You might also have -
• Interest or knowledge in sports data science and sports gambling
• An Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred with a focus on New Media Technology, Journalism or English
• Experience working within Quality Assurance, which is a plus
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.