Manager, Business Development & Analytics
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
The CBS Television Distribution (CTD) group at CBS Interactive creates digital / video focused desktop, mobile, and app experiences, managing digital and social for first-run television syndication brands including Star Trek, Dabl, Entertainment Tonight and ETLive, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, The Doctors, and The Drew Barrymore Show.
Dabl, an over-the-air diginet focusing on lifestyle shows, is looking for a content/ecommerce writer to develop articles, listicles, recipes + how-tos along the topic verticals of cooking, gardening, pets, real estate, home design/DIY and lifestyle. In addition, the content writer will develop articles designed around eCommerce and partnership opportunities as those assignments come in. The core functions will focus on editing and updating articles to ensure editorial standards are upheld and generating revenue through product sales.
We're looking for a lifestyle-brand experience writer to produce digital content including, but not limited to, news articles, listicles and deep-dives for Dabl.com. Someone who is able to dive into topics across our various lifestyle verticals, and creatively develop pieces that focus on resources, tips and tutorials, but also writing about current trends in the space. In addition, will help develop ecommerce content across the various Dabl verticals. This writer will also have a keen understanding leveraging our roster of shows and content, and work with the editorial team to develop angles to effectively reach our audiences with compelling content.
• Write 4-5 engaging stories daily based on lifestyle trends, viral moments and more
• Pitch and create: content for Dabl's lifestyle verticals, deep-dive articles according to relevant storylines trending across the web
• Team up with video and social media producers to build multifaceted content and experiences
• Work with the team to produce monthly editorial series spotlighting lifestyle themes
• Maintain consistent brand tone and style and ensure stories are engaging and polished
• Manage and update commerce content (''Best Lists,'' seasonal / event, everyday and trending products and services) across verticals
• Track content performance and optimize publishing output to meet KPIs
• Optimize articles based on affiliate partnerships and trending opportunities
• Monitor the news and social media for e-commerce pitches
• Track metrics and SEO trends connected to our content
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BS/BA Degree
• 2+ years of writing and journalism experience in a digital content development environment
• The skill level to produce a clean copy and able to self-publish at times
• A grasp of journalistic style and ethics and a passion to investigate news
• An ability to multitask and be able to prioritize duties based on breaking news
• Experience working and editing in CMS systems
• Proactive nature and ability to become a vital member of the team even
You might also have -
• An enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition
• A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving as technology changes and audiences shift their attention
• A sense of humor and desire to have fun with work
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.