Senior Marketing Manager
The CBS Television Distribution (CTD) group at CBS Interactive creates digital / video focused desktop, mobile, and app experiences, running digital and social for first-run television syndication brands including Star Trek, Dabl, Entertainment Tonight and ETLive, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil, The Doctors, and The Drew Barrymore Show!
CTD is looking for an analytical Commerce Content Strategist to focus on commerce content. Our team develops commerce content strategies and plans across our suite of brands(ETOnline, Rachael Ray, Inside Edition, Drew Barrymore Show, The Doctors, etc.). We then collaborate in the associated implementation, tracking and feedback loops. This role will be responsible for investigating commerce opportunities and developing strategic plans around them. The position will also support ongoing content operations by researching emerging lifestyle trends and translating them into content recommendations for CTD brands.
• Develop editorial commerce content strategies and plans for our brands and aid in their implementation, tracking and feedback loops
• Conduct competitive analysis, investigate market trends, and perform keyword research
• Build traffic and revenue models and continue to update those based on BI data insights / advances
• Collaborate with internal partners, prioritize commerce-led content creation and updates, audience development for trend identification / promotion opportunities / content optimization, SEO analytics, to develop efficient methodologies
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to track content performance and advise on needed adjustments
• Ensure content is aligned with the brands' images and addresses both business goals and consumer needs
• Perform content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years in digital media/publishing, e-commerce and/or merchandising
• Experience running affiliate relationships or e-commerce/editorial executions
• Strong Excel including experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and the ability to build revenue / traffic models
• Working knowledge of SEO or affiliate marketing
• Experience with Omniture or Google Analytics
• Excellent teammate with strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written / verbal communications, and coordination skills
• Growth mentality and ambition to meet and exceed goals
• Data oriented with an interest in data and ability to synthesize data, from traffic numbers to revenue, to build a strategic action plan to drive revenue
You might also have -
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, or a related field
• Experience with SEO tools
• Experience with SQL, Tableau, or Big Query databases
• Project management experience
• A passion for data sets and problem solving!
FUNCTION: Product Management
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.