Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Overview & Responsibilities:
Interest and ability to take on highly technical analyses, which require researching, reporting, presenting and ultimately providing decision support services and actionable insights to the business. Sources of data include traffic/video/ consumption data from Adobe Analytics tools (Omniture), purchase/ subscription data via SQL queries on a data warehouse, audience data from syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen), Ad revenue data from Doubleclick, and many more.
• Build and manage reports showing the health of key business metrics across platforms like desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected over-the-top devices, and subscription video services
• Write SQL to query a data warehouse and join a customer table to a product-purchase table in order to report the number of customers in a particular city/ zip code that purchased an online video subscription service last month
• Creating reports that spotlight the lifetime value of a person that downloaded the CBS Sports App (iOS or Android
• Scrape twitter to pull in tweets from a specific hashtag from yesterday's CBS-broadcasted game. Use Python to perform exploratory data analysis on the data and process the tweets via a sentiment analysis engine to gauge how viewers felt about the sports event. Uncover data stories and insights and present your findings to the executive team
• Build dashboards and reports that illustrate the fall-out rate of customers as they engage in a product purchase funnel. Make recommendations to the business from the data
• Arming the editorial staff with insights around the types of stories and content that resonated with users during the NFL Draft, so they can best focus their time covering the areas of highest user interest
• Leverage insights found via 3rd-party research companies and syndicated tools (comScore) to uncover areas of strength versus sports competitors. Socialize and present findings to the Sales team to aide in their efforts
• Build dashboards (using Tableau, Python and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time. Provide ''color'' and insights from the findings and make recommendations to the business.
• Create a lifetime value report (LTV) by signup month cohort for a paid online content subscription product in order to understand how much we can spend to acquire new customers
• Create a user-based analysis to understand how different consumers, broken down by behavioral segments, contribute to overall revenue. The ultimate goal is to be able to use this analysis to encourage profitable user behavior or to convert users for one segment to a more profitable one
• BA/BS Degree OR 2 years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• At least 1 year of experience with AB testing tools like Optimizely and/ or Adobe Target
• Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A|B, multi-variant, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Adept with common statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio), Tableau, R, Python
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experience with GitHub or BitBucket
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnknko-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.