Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
We are the Marketing Performance & Audience Acquisition Analytics team, part of the ViacomCBS Streaming Data & Insights Group (DIG) Business Intelligence team. DIG is a key connector between the ViacomCBS Streaming verticals. The group consists of subject matter experts that prototype, build, and scale data infrastructure and products; assess, aggregate, and analyze data; and shape qualitative and quantitative-based narratives and insights, providing stakeholders with decision support, performance clarity and business-driving recommendations.
The Marketing Performance & Audience Acquisition Analytics team provides actionable, data-driven solutions to solve marketing challenges. We work closely with digital and corporate teams across the company portfolio, including but not limited to Paramount+, Brand Tune In Initiatives, Marketing Strategy & Corporate Communications, and Distribution & Business Development.
• Interest and ability to take on highly technical analyses, which require researching, reporting, presenting and ultimately providing decision support services and actionable insights to the business. Sources of data include marketing delivery and performance data including, but not limited to marketing platforms (Facebook, Google Marketing Platform), Adobe tools (Omniture, Audience Manager), mobile measurement partner (Kochava).
• The ability to interpret data and provide relevant context to explain marketing performance, industry shifts, and usage across multiple platforms will be key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, an inquisitive nature, attention to detail, and a love of media.
• Build and manage reports to provide various teams with an understanding of how our marketing efforts drive audience acquisition (sign-ups, trial-to-paid conversions, traffic growth, CPA, ROAS), retention (trial-to-paid-conversions, retention percentage, average tenure and churn, ROAS), SVOD sign-us (trial starts, winbacks, traffic to sign-up funnels, ROAS, LTV), tune-in/view thru (video views, video minutes, re-engagement - streams/minutes, ROAS), and any other applicable KPI
• Work closely across the media strategy, media activation, and research teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies and approaches that are aligned to campaign and brand goals
• Partner closely with the Data Integration team to automate data sources and reporting
• Build ad-hoc dashboards and reports that provide in-depth, digestible, and visual campaign analysis by audience and creative holistically and by marketing channel. Make recommendations to the business from the data
• Leverage enhanced attribution and modeling on marketing platforms to understand the consumer journey and optimal pathway to conversion. Socialize and present findings to the media strategy and activation teams to aide in their efforts
• Write SQL to aggregate and analyze marketing data over time for QBRs. Uncover data stories and insights and present your findings to the executive team
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Build dashboards (using Tableau, Python and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time. Provide ''color'' and insights from the findings and make recommendations to the business.
• Create a pathway analysis report by signup month cohort for a paid online content subscription product in order to optimize media budget to acquire new customers
• Create an audience-based analysis to understand how different segments contribute to overall revenue. The ultimate goal is to be able to use this analysis to optimize media budget to segments with higher lifetime value (LTV)
What you bring to the team:
You Have -
• BA/BS. 2+ years experience in digital marketing and analytics, web analytics, online media industry.
• Strong experience in social and programmatic measurement
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
You might also have -
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
FUNCTION: Data and Research
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yb78-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.