Overview & Responsibilities:
Data plays a central role at ViacomCBS Streaming, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), Business Intelligence Analysts are key to delivering actionable insights for our leadership teams to act upon. The BI Analyst is responsible for developing and generating reports, insights, & analysis across multiple systems. You will be expected to identify business, marketing, and product opportunities, challenges, and trends and be able to communicate your findings effectively to a variety of stakeholders. This role will be primarily focused on data analysis work related to Paramount+ and other streaming initiatives.
• Build and manage reports showing the health of key performance metrics
• Write SQL to query a data warehouse (BigQuery) for data in order to answer questions from a variety of stakeholders
• Present insights and analysis to different teams and stakeholders
• Develop and maintain statistical and spreadsheet models for forecasting, scenario planning, and other predictive work
• Work closely with product, finance, and marketing teams to represent and capture business goals and initiatives
• Develop automated dashboards and reports that allow non-data savvy users to generate insights and answer questions in a self-service fashion
• Make recommendations to the product, finance, and marketing teams on tactical adjustments to improve performance
• Support A|B testing tasks with exploratory analysis, sample size calculations, and test analysis
• Building dashboards (using Tableau and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time
• Refining reports, dashboards, and insights based on the needs of a rapidly changing business
• Live Sports and Premiere Event reporting focused on content performance and audience acquisition
• Supporting monthly and quarterly reporting initiatives
• Developing our standard reporting for product KPIs and questions
• Owning the forecasting model for the portfolio of properties
• Perform Ad Hoc analysis on specific business problems and summarize findings in an accurate, concise, easy-to-understand manner
• BA/BS. 2 years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• At least 1 year of experience with AB testing tools like Optimizely and/ or Adobe Target * Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A|B, multi-variant, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Adept with common statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio), Tableau, R, Python!
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experience with GitHub or BitBucket
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv3q-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.