Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), supporting our Product & Growth teams by fomenting a culture of statistically sound, iterative data exploration, analyses, and testing is a crucial part of our success. Through testing, we drive business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and product improvement decision-support. We are looking for an exceptional Product Analyst with A|B testing experience who is passionate about data and entertainment and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around CBS.com and CBS All Access (soon to Paramount+), our premium streaming service, which includes a wealth of established network shows such as Big Brother, NCIS, FBI, and Survivor to name a few, and a digital Originals' slate that includes Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone, Why Women Kill and many more.
• Shape the future of CBS's digital offerings, products, and services through disciplined, data-backed analyses and recommendations. Partner with Product Teams on data exploration, experimentation, and A|B testing across our products and platforms while establishing and maintaining strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to provide credible decision support!
• Collaborate with the rest of the BI team to provide an objective source of truth to assess test performance, and for organizing multiple tests and timelines while communicating effectively across all business units. Use standard methodologies in AB testing to optimize the user experience while maximizing subscriber return rates and LTV.
• Summarize and quantify test results and effectively present & communicate them to various partners with recommendations for go-forward strategies.
• Leverage site and audience data to draw insights, develop hypotheses, and proactively recommend testing opportunities
• Design and conduct AB tests using Optimizely Full Stack. Develop test plans, define success metrics, analyze and transform raw data into meaningful insights, and communicate test results to partners
• Monitor tests throughout their lifecycle to ensure testing fidelity and validity
• Project value of potential recommended and implemented tests
• Develop and standardize test reporting and analysis approach and templates
• Synthesize learning and socialize with senior leaders and key partners
• Develop test success metrics beyond conversion
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BA/BS. 2 years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• At least 1 year of experience with AB testing tools like Optimizely and/ or Adobe Target
• Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A|B, multi-variant, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Adept with common statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio), Tableau, R, Python!
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
You might also have -
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experience with GitHub or BitBucket
FUNCTION: Data and Research
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kzn1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.