Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an analyst who is passionate about data and entertainment and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around our growing distribution business that offers CBS content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Twilight Zone to name a few.
The Distribution Analyst must be numbers oriented and a self-starter with a passion for media. In this role, the analyst will assist the Director of Distribution Analytics in coordinating and prioritizing reporting requirements for partnership deals. The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to seek highly technical analyses and measurement implementations. This requires researching, reporting, presenting and ultimately providing decision support services and meaningful insights to the business, as well as ensuring that all implementations conform to our data governance standards. Sources of data include Adobe Omniture, as well as internal sources and data provided by the distribution partners themselves.
• Build and run dashboards showing the health of key business metrics across platforms like desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected over-the-top devices for each distribution point
• Build standardized reports that provide a holistic view of content consumption across all access points and devices using multiple data sets
• Guide implementation and delivery of usage data on vMVPD products as well as internet TV platforms
• Help build measurement and data framework used to answer business questions across all distribution points, including vMVPDs, channels partners and TV Everywhere offerings
• Meet the reporting requirements of various business partners
• Assist in defining ongoing data points and KPIs and formulate methods to analyze them across multiple sources and data sets
• Maintain a data repository of metrics being collected for the multiple distribution platforms
• Work with CBSi distribution team, distributors and vendors to make sure all measurement requirements are being met
• Perform quality assurance audits on the data coming from external sources
• Assist in diagnosing data quality issues and work with engineering and implementation to fix bugs
• Cater to ad-hoc data needs for distribution team
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BA/BS in related field
• 2+ years experience in web analytics
• Curiosity and eagerness to work with numbers and charts!
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and multi-dimensional visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau or comparable BI tools
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL, merging datasets and applying data visualization
• Detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Top notch communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and communicate findings to a non-technical audience
• Interest in Technology, Media and Distribution business
You might also have -
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Knowledge in R and/or Python
• Familiarity with Adobe Federated Analytics
• Working history in digital media – particularly television or digital content
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experiences with 3rd-party syndicated audience measurement services (comScore, Nielsen)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ow3e-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.