ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Working on the CBS News Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for writing and maintaining production front-end code for a high-volume, high-traffic end-user facing website in collaboration with Product, Design, Marketing, QA, Operations and Editorial teams.
This position requires technical familiarity with frontend development, good communication skills, along with good organization and collaboration abilities. Enthusiasm and curiosity in the web field is a strong plus.
• Being a full member of the agile team, you will take part in all regular meetings and plannings.
• You will work both independently and together with the other partners on assigned tasks and projects that will fit your skills and abilities.
• This position offers you the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally, with career growth potential to boot!
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Good fundamentals in all aspects of the frontend stack semantic HTML
• Solid experience with modern CSS (flex, grid, etc), SASS
• Solid focus on web performance, with a mentality of constant improvement
• Experience with PHP and Symfony or similar language/frameworks
• Familiarity with the creation and usage of HTTP APIs and the JSON format
• Experience with git and/or GitHub is desirable
• Being proficient in agile development methodologies would be advantageous
You might also have -
• Lots of curiosity and willingness to discover new ideas and solutions
• Some experience with AWS, EKS, Docker, Jenkins or other CI Workflows
• Understanding of Test Automation and Test Driven Development
• Cutting edge Web APIs (such as Service Workers with push notifications) is a plus
• Experience with Video Players and Video streaming
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3y5j-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.