Sr Director Project Management
New York, NY
CBS Interactive is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual with strong analytics implementation skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS Interactive across our digital properties as well as content on multiple access points covering properties such as: Nickelodeon, BET, MTV and Comedy Central, Vidcon and many more.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. This requires expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, a customer-service mentality and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
• Play a critical role in the enablement of measurable analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating appropriately.
• Work closely with the Product Analytics team to identify analysis needs, resolve tagging issues affecting analysis and develop solutions to continue providing value to the product teams and other partners.
• Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
• Communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects
• Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
• Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
• Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
• Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment and assist in establishing governance standard methodologies.
• Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years work experience in analytics implementation or consulting.
• Expert level user of digital Analytics solutions such as: Adobe Analytics (omniture) or Google Analytics
• Direct involvement with developing and implementing measurement plans and tagging strategies, as well as the ability to QA analytics implementations.
• Knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical skills.
• Solid client management skills - experience agency side and/or supporting large, diverse internal client groups.
You might also have -
• Experience developing solutions with tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch)
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations.
• Adobe Analytics processing rules proficiency.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.