Analytics Implementation Engineer
New York, NY
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online. ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Overview & Responsibilities
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS across upcoming internationals properties as well as content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Strange Angel to name a few.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. Candidates will develop expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess good technical acumen, superb communication skills, a customer-service mentality and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong analytics implementation skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
• Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningful designed analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed.
• Communicate optimally to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
• Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
• Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions.
• Easily communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects.
• Monitor the integrity of data feeds we provide our various end users.
• Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
• Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
• Develop QA plans and documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
• Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
• Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
• Effectively communicate the impact and correct prioritization of tracking bugs, enhancements and issues.
• Ensure that third party tracking such as comScore and Nielsen are validated for each release.
• Experience serving in a data modeling and data architect role for enterprise data modeling across multi-domain, multi-subject areas using Inmon and/or Kimball methodologies.
• Create and analyze reports that validate data is populating.
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
• Create and maintain documentation such as data inventories to assist users with reports.
• Possess good technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes) and video engineering (video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery). This knowledge doesn't need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
• Build effective and mutually beneficial relationships with all clients, partners, vendors and developers.
• BS degree in a quantitative discipline.
• 2-4 years work experience in Analytics/Measurement/Data Operations fields or consulting roles with focus on digital analytics implementations.
• Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).
• Proficient in Python.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis.
• Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems as simple, feasible solutions.
• Demonstrated development of ongoing technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
• Experience developing solutions to business requirements via hands-on discovery and exploration of data.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions.
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
• Experience building and deploying application on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred).
• Experience with Marketing tools like Kochava, Braze, Branch, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
• Experience with Apache Airflow.
• Familiarity with Data Modeling.
• Familiarity in Hadoop pipelines using Spark, Kafka.
• Familiar with version control systems.
• Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics.
• Digital marketing strategy including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
• Familiarity with ELT/ETL concepts.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88p6m-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.