Senior Software Engineer
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Automation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on
our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS content on multiple access points, including its growing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, and Why Women Kill to name a few.
In particular, CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong technical and problem-solving skills to join our Measurement Operations group. The Analytics Automation Engineer is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested solutions to support analytics QA as well as custom tracking solutions. The ideal candidate will create test plans, architect end-to-end solutions, develop and deploy solutions to production.
• Build and maintain QA automation frameworks for Web, Mobile Apps, OTT, and Smart TV platforms
• Partner with our central video engineering team to develop tracking libraries and solve video playback issues related to analytics implementations
• Analyze and document test results and create detailed Jira bug tickets
• Work with Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to collect requirements and stay up to date with new releases and product features
• Build and deploy analytics APIs for data collection across multiple platforms
• Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of client tracking,
• data collection and data validation capabilities.
• Automate data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies and solve
• technical implementation/tracking issues
• Perform data quality audits, QA marketing tags, identify data collection issues,
• suggest improvements, and work to implement fixes.
• Service custom JavasScript modules within our tag manager, namely Tealium IQ Adobe Launch, to maintain the integrity of our implementations and data layer.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 4+ years of software development and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Experience with test planning, test execution, test automation and acceptance testing in an Agile environment.
• Ability to define best practices for test automation and testing tools (e.g. BrowserStack).
• Experience using proxying tools (e.g. Charles, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools, BrowserMob).
You might also have -
• Experience working with tag management tools (e.g. Tealium, Adobe Launch)
• Expert in automation frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver, and Appium
• Knowledge of Customer Data Platform (CDPs) (e.g. Segment IO, mParticle)
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience working with analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics)
• Testing experience with mobile applications and OTT platforms using ADB/Xcode
• Success in building a culture of good engineering processes and practices
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.