Los Angeles, CA
The Director, Creative Services helps uphold the CBS brand identity, voice and experience across all consumer and trade touch points. The Director, Creative Services will help lead and manage the creative development of a wide range of assets and brand experiences for the CBS brand and content marketing activities across CBS Entertainment, CBS Studios, CBS News and CBS Sports. Additionally, this person will help support creative development for Awards campaigns, consumer/trade activations & events (including Upfront activities), PSA campaigns and a wide range of internal and external presentation materials. They will partner with internal stakeholders across business units to gather requests and specifications; and effectively manage a team of designers and editors that produce assets to meet those needs. This individual must thrive on creativity and innovation, working to inspire a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces teamwork, collaboration, mentorship and open communication.
• Oversee the development and execution of assets for various channels and materials for CBS Entertainment, CBS News, CBS Sports, and CBS Studios brand advertising efforts including but not limited to A/V, digital, social media, print, OOH, events, consumer products, activations and presentations.
• Lead and manage a creative team of designers, editors, writer/producers, and content producers as you foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity, innovation and open/constructive feedback.
• Help evolve the CBS brand and department culture by taking calculated creative risks, nurturing new and disruptive ideas, and producing groundbreaking creative for marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate effectively with other marketing team leaders, as well as stakeholders outside of marketing to develop better/bigger creative ideas as well creative alignment with Network/Studio/programming/development executives, showrunners, talent and other key stakeholders at the Network, Studio and CBSAA.
• Work with Operations to plan and manage the asset development budgets for this team.
• Work collaboratively, opportunistically and proactively across our ViacomCBS sister brands, networks and platforms to support our marketing objectives as required by any given initiative, as well as share best practices, data and other learnings.
• 5+ years of experience.
• Professional experience at a creative agency, entertainment, media, or tech company preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, OneDrive, Frame.io, InDesign, Jira.
• Exceptional understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
• Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types.
• Professional experience in a leadership position overseeing a dynamic, diverse creative marketing team.
• Experience managing a team that produces and delivers a high volume of creative marketing assets, on time and on budget.
• A proven leader who motivates, inspires and drives progressive creative thinking.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.