Data Engineer (REMOTE)
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
We are seeking a skilled data engineer experienced in building highly scalable, innovative web services with data streaming and big data technology along with machine learning in a continuous delivery model on cloud platforms. In this role, you will team up with leads and architects to build out a technical vision aimed at realizing the future of sport. You will join a team of engineers and product owners passionate about solving intriguing problems.
• Building new foundational capabilities using domain-driven design and test-driven development that will power features and experiences on various CBS Sports properties
• Developing the tools and processes used across CBS Sports to increase the speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
• Participate in scrum ceremonies - daily stand-ups, grooming and sprint planning
• Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
• Review your teammate's design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions including weekly deep dive sessions
• Work with your product partners to develop technical solutions for features
• Crafting and building out a core data layer to power all of CBS Sports Digital products that ingests, process and store data from hundreds of sources over different transports
• Building out an API data store for clients to consume and build custom data
• Define a distributed tracing system for web services and data observability
• Containerization of core systems to reduce overhead of infrastructure management
• Experience in microservice architecture, RESTful services enabling real-time data consumption
• Applicable big data experience working with streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ along with hadoop and data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Nifi, Flink, AWS Lambda
• Experience working with relational, NoSQL data stores such as Aurora, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB and SQL Analytical functions
• Hands-on experience in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
• Proficient with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing and automated integration test, version control systems (GIT, SVN), issue tracking tools (Jira) & CI/CD related tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
You might also have –
• AWS Certifications - Associates or Professional
• Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation
• Excellent teammate and communicator capable of creating positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
• Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
• Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort, risk and evaluate technical feasibility
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4280-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.