The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS Entertainment Group is seeking an experienced corporate communications writer/editor to play a key role in drafting, editing, and managing the distribution of a wide range of communications. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communications.
The ideal candidate will be a fast and accurate writer and an organized and thoughtful editor. Responsibilities include writing and editing press releases, internal communications, and news content for the Company newsletter. Preferred candidates will have experience working in a newsroom environment (journalistic or corporate) with tight deadlines. Experience working with senior executives is a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Draft and/or edit press releases, divisional updates, PowerPoint presentations, and internal memos for CBS senior executives.
• Coordinate accurate distribution of internal memos and other communications.
• Edit press releases and manage distribution/calendar of releases for the following divisions: CBS Corporate, CBS Entertainment, CBS News, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Television Stations, CBS Media Ventures (first-run syndication), and CBS-branded digital platforms.
• Contribute to ''CBS Update,'' our bi-monthly employee newsletter:
• Report, write, edit and manage stakeholder approvals for select stories that cover all divisions of CBS.
• Assist in building issues in distribution software format
• Build relationships across divisions and collaborate with internal teams.
• Write, edit and maintain executive bios, show descriptions, and talent bios and manage posting to our media website Press Express.
• Additional projects as assigned.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience at a network or media organization or similar experience in a newsroom.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite required.
• Excellent writing/editing skills.
• Strong communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt is critical
• Experience with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud a plus.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93n9m-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.