- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
The Chief of Staff, CBS Marketing, will support operational, cultural and communications activities in the office of the President/CMO to help facilitate effective decision-making and implementation of a multitude of strategic, organizational, operational and synergistic opportunities that will provide greater insights, collaboration and strategic alignment across internal and external partners. They will provide oversight and guidance to discreet projects and initiatives, particularly focused on the execution of the transformation of our overall team vision, operational workflow, overall team performance and help support with relevant communications and culture-building activities.
In all aspects of the role, this person will work closely with the President/CMO, their direct reports, HR, Finance and other relevant stakeholders, to accomplish the following:
• Organizational Design - Support the development and facilitation of organizational plans and processes to continually improve performance, creativity, efficiency, communication and output in ways that meet the overall objectives of our team's remit.
• Communication - Identify, develop and facilitate the implementation of new processes and mechanisms to provide better and more streamlined communication between teams, individuals and business units.
• Culture and Morale - Create opportunities to better the culture and improve morale while identifying issues and areas of development through leadership visibility and problem solving.
We are looking for a great collaborator who can decipher a complicated org and help us solve difficult structural issues with continual change through analytics, common-sense and creativity. The Chief of Staff is someone who can quickly and easily earn trust, but also be trusted to deftly and confidentially handle sensitive projects and issues. They are a leader and quick study, who continually looks for opportunities to improve and is not afraid to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done. They understand how to engage with a wide range of teams and individuals with different points of view and skill levels, while maintaining an empathetic, yet neutral and unbiased position.
• Empower the President/CMO and his reports to make effective decisions, achieve long-term objectives, and build world-class teams.
• Design and execute the President/CMO's operating cadence, including executive meetings, leadership offsites, All Hands, and more.
• Prepare internal and external presentations, speeches, decks and communications for the President/CMO, including All Hands presentations, speeches, and team-wide communications plans and emails.
• Establish trusted relationships across the management team, including C-Suite, key clients, and extended ViacomCBS leadership, facilitating communication and serving as an extension of the President/CMO.
• Track and keep team members apprised of progress on key priorities, goals, projects, and initiatives.
• Develop and implement new processes and mechanisms to improve creativity, communication, collaboration, and team morale.
• Implement and maintain hiring system, providing visibility into BIPOC hires and enabling us to expand diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Work with across team leaders to build out infrastructure and process to enable organizational and team transformation.
• Liaise and actively support in the development with corporate communications team on the internal and external communications on behalf of the President/CMO; attend as needed external events for support.
• Work collaboratively with the Finance team to project and manage overall costs of the organizational structure.
• Attend key leadership and planning meetings with the President/CMO and manage follow-up on commitments and action items.
• 10+ years' experience with project/program management.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in a data gathering and analytics from multiple and disparate sources.
• Intimately familiar with entertainment marketing processes and operations.
• Strategic planning, budget and financial management.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and apply a wide range of data.
• Adept in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• A respected and trusted colleague able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
• A highly effective collaborator and influencer with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
• Strong financial acumen and knowledge of financial processes.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Strategic and analytical prowess.
• A self-starter with a healthy dose of professional humility and curiosity.
• A balance between adaptability and knowing when to stay the course.
• Exemplary team player and collaborator.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.