Manager, Broadcast Software Engineering
New York, NY
Manages the overall workflows and personnel in CBS and CW Air Control. Establishes and Maintains broadcast operating procedures for CBS, CW and Dabl Networks.
Assists with the planning, coordination and implementation of all broadcast program originations for CBS, CW and Dabl Networks.
Responsible for all activities in Air Control, which includes direct intervention for all on-air special situations. Activity, i.e., Special Reports, Sports Run-over and contingency programming.
• Consults with other CBS divisions and outside agencies on practices and procedures for originating and controlling broadcast origination.
• Interacts constantly with all areas of the broadcast operation. Coordinates the activities of TX, MDC (Media Distribution Center) and Media Asset Services. Interacts to exchange and/or verify information affecting air with Sales, Promotion, CBS Sports Division, CBS News Division, Captioning Department and Affiliate Relations.
• Available 24 hours a day seven days a week by phone to respond to broadcast problems. Must be able to return to broadcast center at all times.
• Complexity of work is not routine, must adapt broadcast operations policy to frequently changing situations.
• Decision-making is considerable and can effect on air continuity.
College Graduate, 8+ years experience in Network Broadcast Operations
Good analytical skills required. Must be detail oriented. Good interpersonal skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vb19-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.